Strict is in; lax is out

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 16:09:05 EDT 2016

What I like about Livecode is that it has a multiplicity of ways of
achieving things.

I have just rescued my BBC Master Compact from Scotland and bought a
cable that connects its video-out to a SCART socket: I had forgotten
about the 'LET' statement . . .

I feel that strict variable declaration would be a backward step, and it
would certainly  lessen

Livecode's value as a teaching tool.

One of the selling pionts of the Macintosh in the late 809's and early
90's was its Killer-App:

Hypercard, and what "killed" about Hypercard was the closeness of
HyperTalk to natural

language: something that Livecode has inherited. Please do not chuck
that out.

Richmond.