Should size be extended to variables?

Mark Talluto mark at canelasoftware.com
Mon Aug 22 11:24:29 EDT 2016

> On Aug 20, 2016, at 11:44 AM, Mark Waddingham <mark at livecode.com> wrote:
>
> For what purpose?

At one point, I needed to know the size of the data (in this case an array) that was to be transferred over the network. LSON and Base64Encoding arrays allows me to get the num of chars of the string. So the problem was solved in a different way.

It is not that I need to know how much space the array takes in memory, but how much space it will take to either store and move around in some fashion. Not really a big deal, just a nice to have. Now that I have my current method, I am not sure I would need another method any time soon.

Best regards,

Mark Talluto
livecloud.io
canelasoftware.com