Backwards compatibility or sanity? help

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Sun Aug 21 10:49:41 EDT 2016

Perhaps there's a misunderstanding here...

If when you refer to rtl to mean rtl languages (such as Arabic) then there is nothing to do - rtl languages are stored in memory in logical order - ie the same way round as ltr languages. It is just the display which is changed.

If you mean doing chunk searching from high indicies to low then that would just be equivalent to reversing the order of the chars in the target string and then using the current operations on it (from what you've said about the suggested semantics).

Can you clarify your use-case?

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

Sent from my iPhone