Backwards compatibility or sanity? help

Ali Lloyd ali.lloyd at livecode.com
Sun Aug 21 06:52:06 EDT 2016

Hermann,
Symmetric chunks of the type you describe have issues when the delimiting
rules are more complex - for example when the item delimiter is 'ab', the
number of items in 'ab' is not an invariant of its read order, unless you
reverse the characters in the delimiter too. When the item delimiter is
'aa', the items of 'baaa' are completely different. What happens when the
item delimiter has combining characters and we're matching the precombined
version?

For a more simple example of the issues here, what are the backward and
forward words of

"String without closing quote

?