Should size be extended to variables?

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 13:50:36 EDT 2016

That seems a good idea.

How about a term 'bytes' as in:

put the bytes of MyVar    ?

Ah: 'bytes' is already used . . . !!!!

I just tried this:

on mouseUp
    put "I'm a little teapot short and stout" into VVAR
    put the number of bytes in VVAR into fld "BITES"
    put the number of chars in VVAR into fld "CHARZ"
end mouseUp

and found the number of bytes was the same as the number of chars,
presumably using double-byte

stuff such as Chinese the latter would be twice the former.

Richmond.