Should size be extended to variables?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Aug 20 12:58:49 EDT 2016

Currently the length function returns the number of characters in the
data passed to it, but there may be times when what we want to know is
the actual size of the data in bytes, which may vary from the number of
characters.

The size function seems a good fit for this, since it's all about bytes.

Should I submit an enhancement request to extend the size function to
work with variables as it does for objects?

Any other options I should consider before submitting a request for some
means of determining data length in bytes?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems