Garbage collection (crashing on Windows)

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 12:31:02 EDT 2016

On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 11:09 AM, Jeanne A. E. DeVoto <
revolution at jaedworks.com> wrote:

> I've had ugly crashes with large or complex arrays (that weren't anywhere
> near the 4G limit).

It's not just LiveCode where I trip over obscure bugs . .

That's actually how I found met buy in Cray's Fortran compiler (sold as
Absoft or some such at the time for Linux).

Apparently, I was the first person ever to attempt to allocate a dynamic
array over 256 megs with it.  As, for reasons beyond my comprehension, such
arrays are bit-addressed, this rolled over the 32 bit addressing, and
landed me in their next beta . . .

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462