using windows playback via livecode 8

Fraser Gordon fraser.gordon at livecode.com
Wed Aug 17 04:43:23 EDT 2016

On 16 Aug 2016, at 21:09, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:

> Yesterday I got a tech support question from a Surface Pro 3 user. Our LC standalone (built in LC 7.1.4) wouldn't even launch. I suspect it's because the Surface is running in 64-bit.

The Windows build of LiveCode is 32-bit but that doesn’t mean it won’t run on 64-bit Windows. You’ve got to go out of your way to find a 32-bit version of Windows these days if you’re running Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10 so if you’re testing on any of those, it is most likely a 64-bit version. As such, most of our development and testing on Windows is done on 64-bit versions.

If you have any information about the problem, please submit it to our bug database.

Thanks,
Fraser