[ANN] lcb-mode v0.1.1: Emacs major mode for LCB source code

Peter TB Brett peter.brett at livecode.com
Tue Aug 16 11:33:04 EDT 2016

On 16/08/2016 16:20, Graham Samuel wrote:

> Although I thought I'd learned enough at the LC conference about LCB
> to start making widgets, your mail seems to suggest a whole world I
> have no idea about. Emacs? MELPA? Can you put this in some kind of
> context for us LC coders? Even github is unknown territory to me.

Emacs: A classic and very highly-extensible text editor that's been
around since the 1980s.  Beloved of developers working on Linux and
other Unix-like operating systems.

MELPA: An archive of community-created extensions for Emacs.

I have created an extension for Emacs to help people who like using
Emacs to use it for working on LiveCode Builder files.  I have added it
to MELPA so that it is easy to install.

If you're happy with using Atom, you don't need to worry about it!

                                              Peter

--
Dr Peter Brett <peter.brett at livecode.com>
LiveCode Technical Project Manager