Play m4a files on Windows 7

panagiotis merakos merakosp at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 17:02:37 EDT 2016

@Peter
You are right, I cannot see the feature note in the Release Notes of LC 8.1
DP2, although it *should* be there since the pull request that implemented
that feature did include a "feature-windows_player_callbacks.md" file. This
looks like a bug in the release note builder. We will investigate this on
Monday. Now, regarding your question, I am not 100% sure but I think that
the Windows player reports always longer duration compared to OSX, but this
multiplier is not constant, it differs depending on the audio/video file.
This is why I suggest setting the callbacks as a fraction of the duration,
since this will work cross platform. i.e.

(duration/8),callback1
(duration/6),callback2
(duration/2),callback3

@Jacque