Play m4a files on Windows 7

Peter Bogdanoff bogdanoff at me.com
Sat Aug 13 15:09:50 EDT 2016

I see that Ian Macphail says:
"We decided to overhaul the Windows player object, replacing the existing Quicktime based implementation with one based on DirectShow, which is fully supported on all current Windows versions.”
https://livecode.com/removing-quicktime-dependency-from-livecodes-player-object/

And the Microsoft page describing DirectShow’s supported formats (a rather limited list)-- .m4a is not one of them:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms787745(VS.85).aspx

I’m very interested in this subject, especially when LC gets callbacks working.

Peter Bogdanoff
UCLA