No data in application browser in 8.0.2

Fraser Gordon fraser.gordon at livecode.com
Fri Aug 12 12:42:29 EDT 2016

On 12/08/2016 17:18, Dr. Hawkins wrote:
> Yes, but it doesn't work at the moment.
>
> It opens, and displays nothing.
>
> And I'll point out again, until 8 works properly, 7 shouldn't be EOL . . .

If there isn't a bug in the bug database, then we don't know about it,
which means that it can't be factored into making decisions about
software releases. While Apple does offer a product called Time Machine,
it doesn't seem to be working for future entries in Bugzilla ;)

I've just tested locally and it is working for me. To be able to resolve
this issue, we need more information. What platform are you running on?
What OS version? Do you have any third-party plugins or externals
loaded? When you say "displays nothing", is the entire window blank or
are there simply no items in the tree view?

More generally, you seem to encounter a number of problems that other
users don't (or they simply aren't reporting them). Either way, we need
to find out what is different, whether it is your work-flow, system or
IDE configuration or something else. Because the IDE runs in the same
process as the stacks you're working on, it is sensitive to messages
being locked or blocking front-/back-scripts being used.

Fraser