Trouble setting the font of the text of a field

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 16:45:14 EDT 2016

On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 12:53 PM, Jeanne A. E. DeVoto <
revolution at jaedworks.com> wrote:

>   set the textFont of char 1 to -1 of tgTg to empty
>
> That should work.

It did, it did!

I had been trying "char 1 to -1 of the text of tgTg", which I suppose gets
past the same way as "the text of" . . .

The irony here is that the ability to refer to fields with other variables
is the single biggest reason for me to be using a HyperCard  solution . . .
(it was the *only* way to do what I was doing [am doing] back in the 80s
short of a LISP variant and low-level programming of the fields on my
screen . . .)

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462