error Previous request not completed

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Aug 4 15:58:06 EDT 2016

On 8/4/2016 2:37 PM, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami wrote:
> what about reset?
>
> if pError is "Previous request not completed"  behavior here I'm
> getting is that the attempt to run that repeat will fail because the
> network API is "locked up"

I haven't seen a lockup, so I'm not sure. Because the repeat includes a
wait command, the handler prevents any other connection attempts until
either the function returns false, or the number of repeats is
exhausted. If the latter happens, we don't lock up, it just throws the
error and the connection attempt fails. I log those to a text file and
inform the user that there was a problem.

Since you saw the problem only on slow connections, I'm thinking the
blocking "wait" may solve that. It will prevent other connections until
the one in progress is finished. You may have to tinker with the number
of repeats, the number of ms to wait, or the socketTimeOut value.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com