Set DoubleClickInterval very low!

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Aug 4 15:18:14 EDT 2016

On 8/4/2016 12:37 PM, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami wrote:
> Jacqueline: can you supply a small "long press" trap snippet for us
> here? tks

I see Richard beat me to it, which was nice.

> Jacqueline: how do you give a mobile user on android the ability to
> select a range of text versus just a word?

On Android, a long press selects the word and adds drag indicators at
both ends (just like iOS) so you can extend the selection. Easier, long
press and drag to select a range of text.

In Marshmallow, Android changed the selection behavior to select whole
words at a time while dragging which improves accuracy a lot. If you do
only want part of a word, use the drag handles.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com