Set DoubleClickInterval very low!

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Aug 4 13:15:18 EDT 2016

On August 4, 2016 11:11:22 AM Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com>
wrote:
>, you might
> consider removing that dual model altogether and finding a different
> means of delivering the options you're seeking to provide for the user.

Just a personal anecdote: I've spent most of my mobile time over the last
couple of years in Android, except for brief testing on iOS. I was trying
to help a novice iPad user select text and I couldn't do it. I had to look
it up to find out a double click was used. This was so foreign to me I
never would have thought of it ; on Android it's a long press.

I decided never to use double clicks in any mobile app just to keep my code
compatible everywhere. If you're writing for both mobile platforms, at
least branch the script, otherwise your Android users will likely never
discover additional features.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com