Set DoubleClickInterval very low!

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Aug 4 11:00:02 EDT 2016

A moment ago I wrote:
 > Unless you have some other factor at play there, changing the value
 > of any property not related to an action should never be needed, and
 > should be considered a bug.

The first clause is key there.  I haven't spent much time with iOS yet,
and perhaps there's a bug in LC's engine for that platform, but on
Android (and all desktop engines) LC responds to single-clicks/taps
instantly as expected.

Could it be that you have a mouseUp handler, perhaps in a library
somewhere, that attempts to differentiate single- and double-clicks for
a given object?

If so, my earlier notes about the noun+verb interaction semantics may be
either helpful or irritating depending on your mood <g>, but moreover
reducing the doubleClickInterval below the default OS threshold would
result in confusion for the user, in which double-clicks happen far less
frequently than they've become accustomed to.

I would review your libraries first, and if you have no mouseUp handlers
waiting for the doubleClickInterval then I'd file a bug report.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems