Set DoubleClickInterval very low!

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Aug 4 10:52:35 EDT 2016

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami wrote:

 > Suffice it to say that
 >
 > set the doubleClickInterval to 100
 >
 > Immediately turned our new app into a "snappy responsive" animal.
 >
 > Which is good, because the prevailing thought was beginning to become
 > "Livecode is really to slow for mobile." when in fact, we just need
 > to understand how to optimize things.

That "optimization" should not be needed, for the reasons Mark described.

Unless you have some other factor at play there, changing the value of
any property not related to an action should never be needed, and should
be considered a bug.

With a single-click, the doubleClickInterval should be no more relevant
than the moveSpeed or anything else unrelated to the action.

If this is consistently reproducible please file a bug report.  We can't
expect newcomers to hunt down all possible combinations of unrelated
properties just to make a button respond to a click appropriately.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems