Set DoubleClickInterval very low!

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Wed Aug 3 22:35:40 EDT 2016

@ Mark

Thank you for the explanation. I would have to study this out more to reply with anything more intelligent.

Suffice it to say that

set the doubleClickInterval to 100

Immediately turned our new app into a "snappy responsive" animal.

Which is good, because the prevailing thought was beginning to become "Livecode is really to slow for mobile." when in fact, we just need to understand how to optimize things.

I will try adding the mouseDoubleDown and mouseDoubleUp traps you suggest to our main API.lc backscript for  all stacks in the framework.

We will face the requirement to taking action on a double click when that time comes. Our current multi-stack, module framework would allow us to simply set it for a given context and reset when leaving that context. So far I'm not seeing a single use case for a double click all our stacks.

I like your click count idea!

BR