OT: Need better hardware vs need better software.

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 18:38:59 EDT 2016

On Tue, Aug 2, 2016 at 5:10 AM, Alex Tweedly <alex at tweedly.net> wrote:

> Very, very occasionally there might be a last-minute emergency scan to be
> examined - but the 99.999% case is predictable and cachable.
>
> So - if you are developing apps of any kind - think about whether or how or
> when you can predict users' needs and actions, and make full use of the new
> async features of Livecode Indy/Business to do this as needed :-)

I like your thinking. Another advantage of smart cacheing/storing is
the ability to work 'offline'. The trend is for 'apps in the cloud'
but I hate apps that 'must be' connected to the internet to function.
I can access my email account and this List via a web browser, but as
soon as I loose internet connection it's all gone. My email client
though downloads everything when it can and I can easily read emails
offline, and even draft replies. As soon as I'm reconnected to the
internet off they go.

Yes, I like smarter software.