[ ANN ] Release 8.1.0 DP-3

Charles Warwick charles at techstrategies.com.au
Mon Aug 1 01:41:08 EDT 2016

On 1/08/2016 3:16 pm, J. Landman Gay wrote:
> On 7/31/2016 11:58 PM, Charles Warwick wrote:
>> Within the Indy version of DP3, tsNet with libUrl is designed to
>> replicate this behaviour.  This restriction is removed within the
>> Business edition and multiple handlers can make blocking requests (put
>> url x into y, post x to url y, etc.. ) without waiting for the other
>> requests to complete.
>
> This is what was posted in the announcement:
>
> * Multiple simultaneous asynchronous requests to the same server
> * SFTP, SMTP, and SMTPS support (synchronous in Indy, async in Business)
>
> Doesn't that mean that I can post/get/put to the same server
> asynchronously? Even with an Indy license?

Absolutely.  You can issue post/get/put asynchronous commands even to
the same server with the Indy license using tsNet commands directly
(tsNetGet, tsNetPost, tsNetUpload, etc.. ) or by using non-blocking
libUrl commands like "load url".

I was referring to the blocking calls, e.g.  "post x to url y", "put x
into url y".  For these commands, the behaviour of tsNet in Indy is the
same as the standard behaviour for libUrl.  The script waits for the
command to return and in the meantime, no other blocking request can be
made.

In Business however, blocking calls do not prevent other blocking calls
being made and executed at the same time.

Hope that makes sense?

Regards,

Charles