Beeing a developer after 40

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Apr 29 10:37:13 EDT 2016

Erik Beugelaar wrote:

 > For who it may concern... (I am 49...;-)
 >
 > Adrian Kosmaczewski destroys any concerns you may have about becoming
 > an older developer (19 minute read): http://bit.ly/1qWJy53

Good find, Erik.  Thanks.

We see a similar pattern with entrepreneurship in general.  Once we look
past a few stories grabbing most of the headlines, a more thorough
analysis of age distribution among entrepreneurs shows it's rarely about
20-somethings:

   ...the collective summary of their learnings was the average
   entrepreneur is 40 years old when they launch their startup,
   and people over 55 are twice as likely as people under 35 to
   launch a high-growth startup.  The average age of a successful
   startup with over $1MM in revenues was 39.  It was determined
   age was less of a driver to entrepreneurial success than
   previous startup and industry experience.

<http://www.forbes.com/sites/georgedeeb/2015/04/16/does-age-matter-for-entrepreneurial-success/>

Not to worry the young-uns here - the article closes with:

    No, age in itself does not matter in trying to forecast
    entrepreneurial success.  But, experience does, and often
    times, that comes with age.  And, smart entrepreneurs
    that lack experience, can offset that by surrounding
    themselves with experienced mentors.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems