inheriting a custom property from a supergroup ("effective" custom property)

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 15:43:19 EDT 2016

On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 5:00 PM, Monte Goulding <monte at appisle.net> wrote:

> Actually if not being set has value then I don't think you want effective
> either. I think you need a property on any parent that should be ignored
> when recursing through the hierarchy.

Ack.  You're right;that's just asking for hard to find bugs . . .

But I think I've got it.

These occur in rows of output, that all share a behavior.  Currently,
mouseEnter is supposed to set the stack ulna, and mouseLeave unsets. So in
that behavior, I can have an openField handler that sets it.

When the row is copied to the output window, it is copied to group ogre of
that card (it turned out to be far vaster to delete that master group,
which has no other purpose, and then recreate it, than to cycle through
deleting--the difference between noticeable and non-noticeable).   Anyway,
field asset would probably have hierarchy

stack out1 -> card 1 -> group oGrp -> row_1234 ->  [ 0 or more groups] ->
field asset

This would be for uniqDna 1234  (uniqDna in database, unDna for local
variables holding it, and uDna for custom properties)

so in a handler the rawRow behavior that row_1234 has, if I have this all
start, "the target" would be field asset, and "me" would be row_1234,
correct?  or would row_1234 be "this <something>"

At which point,

on openField

setStkUDna  the uDna of me

pass openField

end openField

on setStkUDna unDna

set the uDna of this stack to the uDna of me

[do other stuff for floating palettes

end setStkUDna

Does this make sense?  (it seems to work)
--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462