AW: Windows Media

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Thu Apr 28 04:12:40 EDT 2016

Hello Richmond,

for my understanding the LC paradigma "develop on one platform - deploy
many" should be kept with the new video Player engine for windows. In easy
words I would think if you set the option "don't use QT", that only the
engine interfaces to QT will be switched to DirectShow on windows and to AV
Foundation on OS X, but our LC media functions will keep the same. Or am I
naiv?

What I don't know yet, which video file formats and codecs are supported by
AV Foundation AND DirectShow? Do both support e.g. mp4 / h.264 videos or any
other common format?

Tiemo