[on-rev] connection ok, but ftp command "timeout" (again)

Robert Mann rman at free.fr
Wed Apr 27 07:07:54 EDT 2016

Hi, I'm puzzled,

I've been working on a site on my on-rev account last evening/night.
I use Interarchy ftp app on mac. All was fine.

But then the ftp connection stopped working while I uploaded a file.
And does not seem to come back to a workable state.

At that point, i was asked to type in the ftp password again, which is
stored in the bookmarks, so I found that a little strange, like something
got scrambled.

It happened to me earlier on a few weeks ago and disappeared!?
(are there any ghosts on the server!!)

But it is still not working.

Any hint? thanks.
Robert

------------------------------
transcript of connection :
-----------------------------

220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [privsep] [TLS] ----------
220-You are user number 1 of 50 allowed.
220-Local time is now 07:28. Server port: 21.
220-This is a private system - No anonymous login
220-IPv6 connections are also welcome on this server.
220 You will be disconnected after 15 minutes of inactivity.
AUTH TLS
234 AUTH TLS OK.
SSL Certificate verify failed: unable to get local issuer certificate (20)
Certificate error 20
§PBSZ 0
§200 PBSZ=0
§PROT P
§200 Data protection level set to "private"
§USER §§§§@§§§§.on-rev.com
§331 User §§§§§@rman.on-rev.com OK. Password required
§PASS *****
§230 OK. Current restricted directory is /
§PWD
§257 "/" is your current location
§TYPE A
§200 TYPE is now ASCII
§CWD /public_html/mysite.com
§250 OK. Current directory is /public_html/mysite.com
§PASV
§227 Entering Passive Mode (50,28,38,223,248,210)
§LIST
§QUIT

The list command does not get through, and the action is timed-out.