Playing sound files

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Apr 24 02:34:51 EDT 2016

On 4/24/2016 12:59 AM, Peter Bogdanoff wrote:
> You can do timed subtitles now using callbacks—if you want the text
> to display outside the player, like in a field.

Does AV Foundation support callbacks now? I thought those were lost when
it was implemented.

I was using callbacks to do titling control with streaming audio back
when the player still used QT. It worked great until we tried it on a
slow internet connection where it fell apart badly. I could never figure
out why, since you'd think a callback would report the currentTime
regardless of the streaming speed, but it didn't.

We removed the synchronization for that reason. Later I remember hearing
that callbacks weren't supported any more on OS X. But it's still there
in the dictionary so now I'm not sure where it stands.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com