Line 6 of fld "test" works but the target does not

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Apr 24 01:05:56 EDT 2016

On 4/23/2016 8:01 PM, Kay C Lan wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 24, 2016 at 2:57 AM, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com>
> wrote:
>
>> > But it does work on buttons contrary to what the dictionary says.
>> >
>> > That's not what I'm seeing in 7.1.4 rc2 or 8.0 rc1.

I'm using 8.0rc1 but it should work in earlier versions. The buttons
need to contain content, and it only works on buttons that accept
content. So it will work on standard, rectangle, and menu buttons
(including tab buttons,) for example, but not radio or checkbox buttons.

The menu buttons are pre-loaded with placeholder content and I filled
the others. I have a field with this text:

Line one
Line two
Line three

and populated the empty buttons this way: put fld 1 into btn <whatever>

No buttons have scripts. In the card script:

on mouseUp
   put line 2 of target
end mouseUp

Regardless of what you select in the menu buttons, the message box says
"Choice two". The same happens for fields and non-menu buttons, which
return "Line two".

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com