Arrow Keys on List Fields - The Selected/hilited Line

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Fri Apr 22 17:45:34 EDT 2016

If you use the arrow key on a list field, the selected line in the fld is the line that was selected before the arrow key

So if you traverse a list up and down with the arrow keys, the selected line is always “one line behind” so to speak

on arrowKey
   put value (the selectedline of me) # is not the line you land on
   pass arrowkey
end arrowkey

Is this a bug? If not a bug is there a simple way to get the value of the line the arrow key landed on and not the one that it just left behind? I can resort to parsing the line, determining if the user when up or down and then adding and subtracting 1… but that seems very hacky… is there a simpler way?

BR