Playing sound files

William Prothero prothero at earthednet.org
Fri Apr 22 16:34:22 EDT 2016

Folks:
I know this has been discussed ad-infinitum here. But, I can’t find the references I need and the dictionary is no help. So…..

Playing sounds. I want to play sound files and don’t want to have to use Quicktime, since Apple is not supporting it anymore and I want to play the files on Windows too.

So.,. What are my choices and what sound file format should I use?

Could you point me to a reference relevant to LC8?

Thanks for your patience,
Bill

William Prothero, Ph.D.
University of California, Santa Barbara, Emeritus
prothero at earthednet.org