Being silly with penguins

Earthednet-wp prothero at earthednet.org
Fri Apr 22 09:59:23 EDT 2016

Richmond,
According to the Director model, a moving object would be a "Sprite". The Sprite could cycle through images to show character movement at a specific location. That would be a good analogy for your method of cycling background images. When the Sprite needs to move as it cycles through its background images, then that's where Director would use the "score" metaphor. Each "frame" would define the sprites and their locations, which are put on the "stage" by dragging and dropping.

I think the whole thing could be defined in an array, very nicely. Like
Score[frameNum][spriteName][itsProperties]
ItsProperties would define locations, object references, etc.
The frames would be stepped through on a timer that defined the frame rate. The engine might be fast enough for relatively simple animations.

There would also have to be an IDE for setting up the animation on the "stage", which would result in the score array.

That's what I'm thinking, anyway.
Best,
Bill

William Prothero