LC8 RC1 Dictionary has issues

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Apr 22 01:04:59 EDT 2016

On 4/21/2016 9:34 PM, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami wrote:
> Is there a way to get the old dictionary  back?
>
> BG? Is your plug in working under 8?
>
> Current if you search for a term, the page gets stuck on that term..
> If you enter a different search term… nothing happens.. You have exit
> the dictionary and come back to search, Am I doing something wrong?

I had the same problem. It took me a few days to figure out the only
thing that changes is the list of terms, which is hard to notice.
Whatever you were looking at before remains in the lower pane until you
click on a different term.

It might be useful to have more visual cues. Maybe the lower pane should
go blank if the new search results don't include the currently displayed
one.

There's also a problem with complicated content sections, like the ones
for mobileControlSet and mobileControlGet. All the parameters are in a
single block, and some items are listed as params that aren't. The old
dictionary separated them by control type which made it easier to find
what you needed. The current list doesn't always tell you what type of
control each param is for, and you have to read through each entry to
understand the ones that do.

I don't have time right now to investigate a solution. Today I just
toggled between the v7 dictionary and the v8 engine, because it's easier
to read.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com