Language modules for Visual Studio Code

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Wed Apr 20 17:05:46 EDT 2016

REcommended by both Andre and Simon Smith…

It’s like atom but without the scope bloat (in fact it is built on the atom core)

I’m just getting use to it… I never even used Atom very much…have been using BBEdit all these years... but I set the language to PERL and my LC scripts are pretty well colorized..

Why do I like it? Probably for many of the same reasons people like Atom
… the auto complete is awesome,the ability to set key short cuts is great

Extensibiliy API: like atom, hit F1, type “ext install” and it goes to the extension repository and shows you 100+ extensions, far more than I can even comprehend.

cons:

Language extension addition seem archane
No spell checker that hooks into the default mac dictionar

# that last one still forces me back to BBEdit for some kinds of work.

Svasti Astu, Be Well
Brahmanathaswami
www.himalayanacademy.com