Volunteer github guru for documentation submissions?

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 08:23:07 EDT 2016

On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 12:21 AM, Mark Smith <Mark_Smith at cpe.umanitoba.ca>
wrote:

> Mark Smith wrote
> >  "
> > <sessionSavePath>
> >  (property)" is the correct format?
>
> After looking at the documentation guide now I think it should be
> <sessionSavePath(property)>. I'll go make the change...
>
> That would be incorrect. The only time you need to use <referenceName
(referenceType)> format is if the link is ambiguous. 'sessionSavePath' is
only a property so it can never be ambiguous so it appears in the
sessionSavePath (property)

The only time you need to use the unambiguous link format is if the
referenceName has more than one Type; ie field is an Object, a Keyword and
there is a Glossary entry. Even so, if in the lcdoc you are only referring
to a <field> as an Object, then there is only one Reference: field (object)
so there is no ambiguity. So in the Description every use of <field> will
create a link to the field entry in the Dictionary that is only referring
to it as an object.

On the other hand, if in the lcdoc you refer to a field and wish to link to
both the Glossary and to it as an Object, then in References: field
(object), field (glossary) so now in the Description to differentiate which
link you wish to point to you must use <field (glossary)> and <field
(object)> in the appropriate locations.

HTH