Volunteer github guru for documentation submissions?

Peter TB Brett peter.brett at livecode.com
Fri Apr 15 10:51:55 EDT 2016

On 15/04/2016 04:14, Kay C Lan wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 2:12 PM, Monte Goulding <monte at appisle.net> wrote:
>>
>>> why not turn this into a simple plugin to add a button to the dictionary
>> stack.
>
> Scraping html text, that's super easy for me; creating a plugin - that's
> another story. Have generally steered clear of plugins since weening myself
> onto LC8. I note that rc1 isn't as stable for me (or others) as dp16 and
> elsewhere removing plugins is recommended but that's not a factor in my
> case.

Hi Kay,

When you report a bug when using the IDE, we need to determine whether
it's a bug in the IDE, or a bad interaction between the IDE and a plugin.

In general, if removing the plugin fixes the issue, we'll ask you to go
and take the problem it up with the plugin's author.

However, we do so in the full expectation that the person who wrote the
plugin may then turn around and tell us, "No, actually the IDE is broken
and my plugin has exposed a bug!"

                                          Peter

--
Dr Peter Brett <peter.brett at livecode.com>