Indy Licensing

Heather Laine heather at livecode.com
Thu Apr 14 05:28:33 EDT 2016

Dear List Folks,

Robert is quite right. The policy is that personal licensing questions are off topic and should be addressed to support, but general questions about how the licensing works are fine - provided they remain polite and do not go on ad-infinitum. Once the topic becomes an annoyance to other list users, it should stop.

To answer the specific question, your closed source (Indy or Business) license gives you the right to build closed source apps while it remains current. If/when it lapses, your access to LiveCode reverts to the Open Source Community Edition. Any apps you have built during the term of your license will continue to work. You will not be able to publish closed source edits to them unless/until you renew your subscription.

Further clarifications on licensing are to be found in our FAQ:

https://livecode.com/resources/support/ask-a-question/ <https://livecode.com/resources/support/ask-a-question/>

I hope this helps,

Regards,

Heather