Volunteer github guru for documentation submissions?

Mike Kerner MikeKerner at roadrunner.com
Wed Apr 13 08:55:47 EDT 2016

I'm done.  I have better things to do than fight through trying to help
everybody by making the docs better.  Have a look at send and the attempts
to clarify what it does and how it works, and if afterward you want a go at
it, go for it.  What looks at first glance like a tweak turns out to be a
hornet's nest that still isn't done.  If I have realized anything in the
last 24 hours it's a) Github is completely the wrong tool to use for
documentation.  We should be using a wiki or something similar.  The
complexity that git adds does not make this better.  If the goal was to
open the documentation so that the team can spend less time working on it,
and so the folks who use the tool all the time can improve it, then making
updating the docs this difficult is not going to do that.  b) Trying to
keep all the branches straight, and the complexity this adds is only going
to make it more difficult, still.