[ANN] Release 8.0.0 RC 1 (Linux)

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Wed Apr 13 00:40:19 EDT 2016

On 04/12/2016 02:36 PM, panagiotis merakos wrote:

> PS: Mark Wieder uses a Mint Cinnamon 64 bit, so Mark, if you watch this
> thread, please add your input :)
>
> On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 12:23 AM, G.W.Gaich <gWolfgang at gaich.de> wrote:
>
>> These are my first experiences with LC 8 and Linux:
>>
>> LiveCode 8.0 (rc1) Linux community 64 bit
>>
>> Linux Mint 17.3 Cinnamon 64 bit
>>

>> Try to open the Dictionary.
>>
>> First click on the dictionary icon: Nothing happens
>>
>> Second click: A window opens with 2 tabs (API and Guide) but the window is
>> empty.
>>

>> If I have a new stack opened (New stack/Default Size), then clicking the
>> dictionary icon: Nothing happens
>> Second click: A window opens with 2 tabs (API and Guide) but the window is
>> empty.
>>
>> Then I try to close the new empty stack. A message box appears with title
>> 'livecodecommunity.x86_64' and the message 'something'.
>> The message box has no 'OK' button. I have to close it with the 'x' system
>> button.
>> When I try to close LiveCode the message box appears again (and so on). I
>> have to kill the livecode process.
>>
>> Hmm. Has anyone else the same experiences with Linux Mint 17.3 Cinnamon 64
>> bit?

I see all the above dictionary symptoms. Note, though, that I only saw
the problem with the duplicated API and Guide tabs once. And on second
click of the Dictionary the contents do appear after a delay.

In addition, if you have Toolbar text enabled and Toolbar icons
disabled, the "Dictionary" text becomes overwritten with <something>
after clicking it.

I cannot replicate the empty stack problems, though.

The good news: I no longer am seeing a CEF segfault after closing the
dictionary and IDE. My guess is that we are no longer using the CEF
browser for the dictionary.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com