Unreproducible Linux weirdness [was: Release 8.0.0 RC 1]

Peter TB Brett peter.brett at livecode.com
Tue Apr 12 13:56:25 EDT 2016

On 12/04/2016 18:49, RM wrote:
> This looks exciting.
>
> On 12.04.2016 20:07, Peter TB Brett wrote:
>> Dear list members,
>>
>> We are pleased to announce the release of LiveCode 8.0.0 RC 1.
>>

> Xubuntu 15.10 64 bit.
>
> 1. Documentation is STILL a "dead duck": Bug 16848
>
> 2. Livecode UI elements not appearing in the Application browser: Bug 17370
>
> 3. Widgets and settings 'cog' no longer visible in revTools stack: Bug
> 17371
>
> 4. Tool-Tip: "set number of polygon sides" tools: Bug 17372

I've been following along, and I haven't been able to reproduce _any_ of
those issues on our reference Ubuntu or Fedora systems.

As it happens, bug 16848 has been on my radar ever since it was
originally filed and we have not yet been able to find a way to
reproduce it.

Our continuing theory is that you have some plugin installed -- possibly
in the ~/my_livecode/Plugins/ directory -- which is causing the LiveCode
8 IDE to throw an error on startup, inhibiting correct initialisation.

Which of the issues you describe are reproducible in a newly-created
user account?

If anyone else is able to reproduce these problems -- especially with
Indy or Business edition -- I'd love to hear from you, since it'll help
the dev team track down what's going on.

                                    Peter

--
Dr Peter Brett <peter.brett at livecode.com>
LiveCode Open Source Team