Choose Browse Tool with click

Peter Bogdanoff bogdanoff at me.com
Tue Apr 12 05:24:26 EDT 2016

Thanks, Scott that works…however...

I’m experimenting with a tool interface for an application where the user works with buttons, fields, and draw objects (sort of like Apple Pages or Preview). I'm seeing if I can come up with a simple tool strategy that doesn’t require the user to keep track of, or even know which tool is chosen, only that the object can be edited (selected, moved and resized) by something other than a normal single click. Then, clicking off the object would set things back to normal run. Fields might be selected by a single click and text changed by a double click (as in Preview).

Has anyone tried this kind of interface?

Peter