Volunteer github guru for documentation submissions?

Monte Goulding monte at appisle.net
Tue Apr 12 05:45:02 CEST 2016

> On 12 Apr 2016, at 11:54 AM, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:
>
> There's no path to that in the web interface. The only one I see is docs/dictionary/ which takes you directly to /develop. (And if I was looking for "/tree/" it isn't there either.)
>
> If there's a community branch, it's another secret link.

Yes this is a rather confusing point. I’ve asked internally about the purpose of the community-docs branch but until they wake up in Scotland my best guess is it provides consistent urls for the web interface docs allowing the team to target community docs changes to various builds without changing the recommended url to send a PR against. If you navigate to the Making your dictionary change section of the docs contribution document https://github.com/livecode/livecode/blob/develop/docs/contributing_to_docs.md you will see that it states to navigate to the dictionary folder of the community-docs branch and provides a direct link. You can switch branches on github using the branch menu on the top left.

Cheers

Monte