Volunteer github guru for documentation submissions?

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 22:13:26 EDT 2016

On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 9:54 AM, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com>
wrote:

> On 4/11/2016 6:58 PM, Devin Asay wrote:
>
>>  instead use the community-docs
>> branch athttps://github.com/livecode/livecode/tree/community-docs
>> and make edits there. Maybe that is obvious to others; it wasn’t to
>> me.
>>

> There's no path to that in the web interface. The only one I see is
> docs/dictionary/ which takes you directly to /develop. (And if I was
> looking for "/tree/" it isn't there either.)
>
> If there's a community branch, it's another secret link.

I don't understand this. The very first screenshot within the Using the
GitHub Web Interface guide shows: Branch: comm.... I think you can guess
it's the community branch. The Link given just above it to try as an
example is:

https://github.com/livecode/livecode/blob/community-docs/docs/dictionary/command/accept.lcdoc

now I don't know the ins and outs, but when I click on that it takes me to
Branch: community and although it starts out as
'livecode/blob/community-docs/' as soon as I go to any individual document
it automatically changes to 'livecode/tree/community-docs/'