How to compile in earlier versions using new keywords?

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Mon Apr 11 18:18:18 EDT 2016

I have to admit that when I first saw this solution, I thought "hmmm -
clever but feels like it is exploiting a loophole". Depending on the
engne to quietly ignore error-containing stacks just "feels wrong".

I have NOT tried it, but a conceptually cleaner (to me) solution would
be to have a "splash-stack" approach, where the splash stack would
determine the major version in use, then load any behaviour stacks (i.e.
dependent on the version number if appropriate) and then finally load
the app stack, so that the version-dependent behaviours would come into
play. (I haven't been paying enough attention to know whether it would
need to "re-bind" the behaviours or not.)

-- Alex.