How to compile in earlier versions using new keywords?

Monte Goulding monte at appisle.net
Mon Apr 11 18:04:41 EDT 2016

> On 12 Apr 2016, at 6:18 AM, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:
>
> I would be concerned if the engine ignores errors that prevent it from using a script.

You only get script compilation errors when you set the script not every time a message passes through an object that has an uncompiled script. If we had the latter it might make it very hard to fix some issues. Additionally the engine will load a stack file that has uncompilable scripts silently. At some point it might be helpful to get a list of issues popping up at which point my solution won’t be a good idea so I would switch to dynamically switching behaviors depending on the version.

Cheers

Monte