How to compile in earlier versions using new keywords?

-hh hh at livecode.org
Sat Apr 9 13:06:15 EDT 2016

For a while, LC 7 and 8 where linked in the sense, that, besides
widget syntax, new keywords/functions/properties of LC Script
were added to both.
Actually they are already unlinked (in this sense), for example
by the new "replace styled" function. This means we have the
same problem as described in the first post of this thread if we
wish to use one script for both LC 7 and LC 8, and we may have
already to write three versions if we wish to use it for LC 6/7/8.
>From my point of view this is necessary if new features of LC 7
and or LC 8 can compensate a little bit their 'loss of speed'
compared to LC 6. My meanwhile more exact question is
whether there are (more) *easy* ways for that.

Richard Gaskin wrote