Set Image Reference to Relative Path

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Wed Apr 6 21:57:35 EDT 2016

 Jacque wrote:

It used to be that resources were copied into the same folder with the app executable. Then Apple changed the rules and disallowed resources like images and documents at that location. Instead, they had to go into  a "resources" folder, separate from the executable.

--
So if I read this correctly.. we should being this now, even locally, because the standalone builder is not auto generating a resource folder and moving files designated under "copy files" into such a folder. righ?

/app source
/ myapp.livecode
/resources
img
data
scripts

otherwise it will fail? This may explain why my latest test build is not working on iPhone 9.3.1.

I looked at the bundle and there is no resources folder created automatically by the Standalone Builder I'm seeing this (where the SAB, copied the three folders I designated to the top level

/app source
/ myapp.livecode
img
data
scripts

but, I am using

function localPath
put specialFolderPath("Resources") into tPath
put "/" after tPath
return tPath
end localPath

My external behavior scripts work on desktop but not on mobile.
but the images are appearing...because we have a direct path but script only files are not being found because the iOS is looking for
/resource/scripts

So that means in the future we need to create a folder "resources" and you a relative path like this

/resources/img
   tree.jpg

and also

/resources/script
   scroller.livecodescript

and assign the behavior to the object in the GUI from there?

Good thing to know very early on...