Volunteer github guru for documentation submissions?

Charles Warwick charles at techstrategies.com.au
Tue Apr 5 23:59:58 EDT 2016

On 6/04/2016 4:36 am, J. Landman Gay wrote:
> On 4/5/2016 2:26 AM, Kay C Lan wrote:
>> That's why I suggested prefixing the subject with [DOC] so as people
>> can quickly filter out subjects they are not interested in. Thank you
>> those who use [ANN] [BUG] and [OT] - very helpful. I also envisaged
>> (maybe wrongly) that you wouldn't be posting the entire document, just
>> the portion/line/paragraph of relevance
>
> I was on a different track, planning to grab the latest file, edit it,
> and send it back to github via our Good Deed Doer, that is, Charles.
>
> It would be the same process as anyone else uses who knows github,
> only using a proxy person.

My offer was based on exactly that, getting a complete file sent through
so that I could just copy into my livecode repo and submit it.

As others have already said, once you have created a github account,
signed the contributors agreement and (if you are not using the web
interface)
established your local/github livecode repository, the ongoing process
of submitting contributions is not difficult.

I recommend that anyone who wants to contribute to LiveCode should at
least give it a go, following the instructions that have been provided
by Ali
and others.

However, for those that are struggling with that process, my offer
stands so that their contributions can still be included.

Cheers,

Charles