Widgets' Use Cases and Bytes Added to App

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Tue Apr 5 22:10:33 EDT 2016

Trevor Wrote:

 It isn't about how easy the custom control is to
create, it's about how easy it is to update the control across an entire
project as the control evolves.

Thanks Trevor. You hit a nail on the head.

That is at least one answer to my core question.

> Put another way, can we, in generalized "framework speak" define what
> uses cases best call for a widget and when they are best *not* used?

In fact I would say that's a very high incentive to learn LCB.

Another way to think of it might be, that a widget separates the presentation layer from the code that generates it, similar (well, not exactly, but...) to a script only stack being separate from the main binary stack that it serves as a behavior.

Oh No! I think I just lit a fire that will put me  yet another learning curve. (smile) OH well... keeps the gray cells green!

BR