Volunteer github guru for documentation submissions?

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 03:26:37 EDT 2016

On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 3:27 AM, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:
>posting requests to the list will
> add too much irritating noise;

That's why I suggested prefixing the subject with [DOC] so as people
can quickly filter out subjects they are not interested in. Thank you
those who use [ANN] [BUG] and [OT] - very helpful. I also envisaged
(maybe wrongly) that you wouldn't be posting the entire document, just
the portion/line/paragraph of relevance; i.e. a stated goal of the new
documents is that the Examples should work for those with Strict
Compilation turned On. Therefore a post to the list might be as simple
as:

[DOC] Add command - example update

could someone please replace

Example:
add field "New" to tSummaryOfInventory

with

Example:
local tSummaryOfInventory
add field "New" to tSummaryOfInventory

thanks

>Are there shell commands
> that a naif like me could just put into a stack

yes there are:

http://burnedpixel.com/blog/setting-up-git-and-github-on-your-mac/

BUT

> without fully understanding
> them? If so, maybe I could write one.

is not going to happen. By the time you figured out how to implement
the command line tools in your stack you'd just as easily have figured
out how to use the web interface for Github and done a couple of
amendments!

>Then I read Mark Wieder's comments to Kay and decided I was wrong. :)

I can't for the life of me find a response from Mark - I've checked my
SPAM - but I'll take a stab and agree with him... he's far more
switched on than I am :-)