Script Only Stack Architecture

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Mon Apr 4 18:13:45 EDT 2016

I'm just working on the next issue of Hinduism Today and checking articles in and out of version control system dedicated to Indesign that I built... we have been using it for 8 years, team loves it..super, super easy, never lost a single file... having finally bailed on Adobe's ridiculously complicated and error prone VersionCue which they killed (thank god) I said to the team, "We don't need to waste any more time or money on any DAM software, let me build it." (smile)

In house app here are used to post to our blog daily; and volunteers around the world use an LC stand alone to pull audio files from our server and transcript them and post the transcript back. That thing has been running flawlessing since 2001 (really!) I get auto notifications. Another app, built by Andre is also used globally by everyone from "your little sister" to our team work on the upload media and enter the metadata of media on our web server.

And here at my desk, if I have to do something twice, I will do it twice; if I have to do something three times I will use Livecode. e.g. get the rect and filenames of 5,000 images, write out data to a tab delimited file, upload the images to the web server and use RevIgniter to read the metadata and add records to the database. I don't see how it could be any better or more efficient.

But i don't this this is so unusual, I bet there are a lot of such user stories hidden away

BR

On April 4, 2016 at 11:23:49 AM, Mark Wieder (mwieder at ahsoftware.net<mailto:mwieder at ahsoftware.net>) wrote:

> HAP stands for Himalayan Academy Publication (http://himalayanacademy.com/).
> Where we use LC everyday....