Use github for dictionary changes.

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sun Apr 3 21:23:28 EDT 2016

On 04/03/2016 06:05 PM, Alex Tweedly wrote:

> On 04/04/2016 00:34, Mark Wieder wrote:
>>
>> cd ~/livecode
>> before trying to add a git remote
>>
> Thanks Mark - works fine now.
>
> That gives me a great opportunity to improve the document on how to
> contribute - so I can use that as my test case for modifying the docs :-)

Cool. The reasoning there is that the git commands can, for the most
part, only be issued where there is an existing git structure. The
remote command failed because git failed to locate a .git folder in the
folder where you were. When you move down into the livecode folder, you
end up in a folder where the git clone command has already created a
.git subfolder for you.

You can have different remotes for different folders, so what the add
remote command does for you there is to associate the livecode folder
with an alias named 'upstream'. If you then want to contribute to, for
example, the ide submodule, you may want to cd into the ide folder and
set a different remote for it.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com